National Ground Water Training and Research Institute (NGWTRI) is engaged in capacity building of ground water professionals and sub-professionals in core and applied field of ground water science since 1997.
- To be an international Centre of Excellence for providing training to ground water professionals and sub- professionals in ground water investigations, development and management techniques.
- Involve stakeholders in water management with the thrust on Capacity Building of the Farmers, Panchayat Raj Institutions, NGOs, VOs, Industries etc. and inculcate Participatory Ground Water Management.
- Innovations through scientific, technical and socio-economic research for Ground Water Resources Management in Collaboration with reputed National and International Research & Development Institutions.
- Strengthening of institutional framework to support training & ongoing research.
- To serve as repository of ideas and develop information, regional communication, documentation, Distance and e- learning service etc.
- Information & knowledge dissemination and technology transfer.
Targeting in the Next year i.e. 2017-18
- 50 National Level Trainings for the Ground Water professionals of State and Central Government Organizations, Public Sector Undertakings, Panchayat Raj Institutions and Academicians.
- 20 State level Training programmes for The Ground Water Professionals and sub professionals of the State in various Ground Water Related Issues.
- 1700 Trainings for the Grass root level Stake holders at Village level to make them competent enough to deal with Participatory Ground Water Management project.