National Ground Water Training and Research Institute
National Ground Water Training and Research Institute (NGWTRI) is engaged in capacity building of ground water professionals and sub-professionals in core and applied field of ground water science since 1997.
The Institute created as training wing of Central Ground Water Board, Ministry of Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation, Government of India in 12th Plan Period is presently a plan scheme of Human Resource Development (HRD)/ Capacity Building.
National Ground Water Training and Research Institute is envisaged to function as "Centre of Excellence" in training and research in the core and applied field of ground water. In view of the challenges posed by geological and physiographic variations in India in sustainable management of the resource, it has a national role of capacity building of ground water professionals. In 12th Plan Period efforts have been made for capacity building of grass root level stakeholders at panchayat/community development blocks level. The institute strives:
- To be an international center of excellence in Training, Research and Development in the groundwater sector
- To provide training to ground water professionals and sub-professionals in various fields of ground water
- To train NGO, PRIs and other stake holders of ground water
- To train various stake holders for taking up ground water monitoring and data collection work for Aquifer Mapping under Participatory Ground Water Management Program of National Project on Aquifer Management (NAQUIM)
- To undertake Research and development works in Ground Water Sector